EKHUFT acknowledges that there are times when our Doctors need a place to rest and recuperate before travelling home after a particularly long or difficult night shift if living a distance away from our hospital sites. To address this we have put in place “Too Tired to Drive Rooms”.
Each site has a flat within the Accommodation Blocks which are a dedicated rest area for Doctors to use if they are too tired to drive home following a night shift.
This is not overnight accommodation for people in between shifts but is a dedicated rest area to recuperate before travelling home.
- These rooms are available from 08.00 – 14.00 each day.
- Each flat has a male room, female room and a unisex room with a bed and a couple of reclining chairs for multiple occupancy.
- The Rooms are available at the following locations:
WHH- Flat 71 - Block H – First floor
K&CH- Flat 34 - Block 6 - Ground floor
QEQM- Flat 127 - Block 6 - First floor
Access to the rooms for those living a distance away from the hospital sites will be as follows:
- KCH and WHH – Fob access to the block and the rooms will be allocated during your Trust Induction.
- QEQM – Access is allocated on request to the Accommodation Officer Nicola Pope who is onsite within the Accommodation Office from 8am-9am Monday to Friday.
If you do not have access to this room but find yourself needing to use the facilities then emergency use access cards will be available from Reception and can be signed out on a temporary basis. You must present your ID card to sign out an emergency card.
These facilities are not available to be booked in advance.
If you have any feedback on these facilities please pass it through to your local Accommodation Officer or Medical Education contact.